Montana was granted a Small Business Administration (SBA) Declaration for COVID-19 for all counties in Montana. Businesses no longer need to submit Economic Injury worksheets. They may now directly apply for loans up to $2 million. The link to apply for SBA loans can be found on the COVID-19 website under the JIC tab and the direct link to apply for a loan is https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/. This site is experiencing bandwidth issues, please call SBA directly with questions regarding the application. 1.800.621.3362 or email.
The MDA central office staff is working with ADA and other states to provide answers to dental practices such as:
1. How will FMLA affect my business and what can I tell employees?
2. Are there business insurance clauses I can identify that will tell me if this emergency counts as a loss?
3. What does the State of Montana offer for unemployment insurance if I shut down for three weeks?
4. Where can I access funds that may be reimbursed later through economic stimulus?
We are working on the first three and have an answer for #4.:
The SBA will work directly with state Governors to provide targeted, low-interest loans to small businesses and non-profits that have been severely impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing.
- Find more information on the SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans at: SBA.gov/Disaster.
Guidance for Businesses and Employers
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers the most up-to-date information on COVID-19. This interim guidance is based on what is currently known about the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For updates from CDC, please see the following:
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Preventing Stigma Related to COVID-19
- Share Facts about COVID-19
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Web page
- Information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Prevention, Symptoms and FAQ
MDA will update you on any additional relevant information as it becomes available.
The Montana Dental Association recognizes the unprecedented and extraordinary circumstances dentists and all health care professionals face related to growing concern about COVID-19. The MDA is deeply concerned for the health and well-being of the public and the dental team.
As health care professionals, it is up to dentists to make well-informed decisions about their patients and practices. The MDA is committed to providing the latest information to the profession in a useful and timely manner.
The MDA is continually evaluating and will update its recommendation on an ongoing basis as new information becomes available. Please visit ADA for the latest information.